The Village Council passed Resolution VOU050-2017: Resolution Authorizing Golf Carts on Village Streets.
Before you head out on your cart, please take some time to become familiar with the rules:
- Must be at least 16 and have a valid driver’s license.
- Must comply with signal requirements.
- Must ride as far to the right as possible.
- Shall not operate a golf cart on a state trunk line highway, but can cross a state trunk line highway (this includes M-24 and M-25), using the most direct line of crossing.
- Is not required to wear a helmet.
- Shall not be operated on sidewalks.
- May not pass between lines of traffic.
- May travel at a maximum speed of 15 MPH.
- May not be operated during the time period from 1/2 hour before sunset to 1/2 hour after sunrise.
- Are only permitted to operate on streets that are 30 MPH or less.
See the resolution here:
gOLF cARTS IN THE vILLAGE